Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Vegas Trip Update

RJ had a ball in Vegas! It was also his first time flying in an airplane and it was quite scary at first, he said.  His coach said he looked like he was going to be sick.  A few days before he left, he began complaining of a sore back and he also had some swelling in his hip. Inspired by the arrival of my long-awaited for Texas Massage License, I did what I had been trained to do.  I dug out the Kinesio tape and I taped him up! Oh, and I sent him with a bottle of pain reliever, hoping he wouldn't really need it.



He said it really helped. He asked me was it the Placebo Effect. I laughed and told him not to question the why as long as it was doing it's job. 

His team lost the first game, won the next five games, and then lost in the Elite 8.  I was a crazy woman all over Twitter trying to see what the scores were! Next year I will definitely be there! I was able to send him off with $160 donated to him by two of my friends. THAT was a blessing! He even had money left over when he came home.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome that you were able to fix him up!
    And awesome that two friends came through!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really worked for him! And I don't know what I would have done if they didn't help :)

      Delete