Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Always Something New...

I am starting a new business and I thought maybe I should start a blog, and then I remembered, I HAVE a blog already. My blog already has the perfect title and has been with me through many changes over the last 7 years!  I'm kind of excited to update my profile to reflect my new now. (I'll do that after I finish this post.)

I have never consistently kept up with this blog, but it's always nice to go back and reminisce. My baby girl was only 5 years old when I started this blog and she just turned 13.  That's all nice and dandy, but this time, yes, this time I plan on being more consistent.  This blog used to be therapy for me. I love to write and it was such a release to write how I felt with hopes someone understood me.  Well, I never really got much response from my blogs, but that's okay. I made it. I make it everyday.  Would I like to develop some kind of support group where at least one person can identify with what I've been through and am still going through? Sure. But for now, I'll just pretend you readers understand me.

Today my purpose for this blog is to promote Self-Directed Education and more specifically to help double-duty parents figure out how alternative education can work for them when they may not have much of a support group. My ultimate goal is to create a community of us so we can help each other.  I must say I just made it 19 years and 4 kids with 2 still at home. Not only have I been homeschooling before it was popular, I have been single the whole time and I stumbled through many phases and techniques. Did I say stumbled? I'm still trying to find out what works best for my son. I don't have all the answers, but I'm pretty good at raising these kids and my WHY is what kept me through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment