Pages

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Check Out The New Page

I have added a new page that is dedicated to contests and competitions.  I'm real excited about this because it's something I really believe in.  Just because we choose alternative ways to educate our children, it doesn't mean they can't learn to be competitive and have opportunities to learn team-building skills with people outside of their families.

My vision is to focus on the Louisville, KY area since that is where I live.  If you tell me where you live and would like for me to find contests that may be local to your location, I would love to help.
I really hope this will become a valuable resource for parents.  I truly hope to connect with other Louisville families for the competitions that require teams. 

I started a Facebook group, Contests For Home-Educated 'Tweens & Teens ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/wecompetetoo/ ).  There you can enter a keyword to search for the type of contest you want information about. The categories are:

ART
STEM & STEAM
READING
SCIENCE
VOCATION (including Entrepreneur)
ECONOMICS

Please feel free to let me know if you know about any contest or competition not listed.  I have quite the list right now, so it will probably take me a few days to post them all. I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment