Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

It's Monday!!!

Monday was a wonderful day! I was awaken earlier than usual due to the notifications from the school that there was a one hour delay due to weather.  Since my boys are old enough to get themselves ready for school, once I delivered the message, I went back to sleep.  When I did wake up, I had to wake the youngest two up to begin our busy day.

The first stop was homeschool co-op.  This co-op began at the beginning of the school year, but I opted not to participate because I don't like classroom settings for my children. I am giving it a shot, because CJ really needs to get out the house and because they are having a science class and he loves science and physics.  Today was a little different though.  Class only met for about an hour, and then we all went to see a play.


This is the cast and some of the homeschool kids. 


This is Crystal decorating a leaf that she was supposed to leave on the wall, but she didn't want to leave it. LOL!


Here is Crystal with the cast.

The play was "Why Mosquitoes Buzz".  It was funny.  The children enjoyed it.  Afterwards, we stopped at the store for snacks and headed back to class.  Class time was over, so the children just ate and hung out for about an hour or so.

When we left the co-op, CJ suggested that we make lasagna for dinner. We stopped at Kroger, picked up food for lasagna, salad, and garlic bread, and went home and fixed it.  Shortly after, I took a quick nap and then it was off to the Y we went.  CJ had basketball practice at the same time Crystal had her first swimming class of the year.  What can I say, the girl is a natural.  The instructor taught her how to dive. She had no fear. She just did what she was told. She had to swim for her instructor, and I must say, she has really become a graceful swimmer.  I stayed with her the whole time so I didn't watch CJ's basketball practice.  By his account, we may be looking for a better fit for him in the sports department.  He's still young, so I will allow him to play whatever he wants at this age. At this age....my baby boy will be 10 on Wednesday.  I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday.

Overall, today was a wonderful, purposeful day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment