Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Intro

I guess it's only right that the first post should introduce who I am.  Who am I? (deep breath)  My name is Kila. I am.....
Mother:  I have four children. My boys are Mario (17), RJ (14), and CJ (9),  and my daughter is Crystal (6).
Teacher: I have been "homeschooling" my children for 13 years now. Currently, the older two are in public school and the younger two are still home with me.  I say "homeschooling" because that word doesn't accurately describe our experiences. Unschooling is probably more appropriate, but something about the word 'school' makes my skin crawl. LOL!
Business owner:  I am a licensed massage therapist and owner/operator of Mobile Massage By Kila.  As the name states, I provide massage in the home or at the office.
Superwoman:  I get to call myself that because I am a single mother and have managed to keep my sanity AND be happy while successfully handling all my responsibilities!

My reason for blogging is two-fold.  First of all, I love to write.  I have kept a journal since the first grade.  Secondly, I want to share my experiences with others and hopefully encourage other single parents that they can homeschool, too, if that is their desire.  I eventually want to write a book, but life is so busy right now that a blog will have to suffice for the moment :)


No comments:

Post a Comment